Empowering young people through creativity
‘Cause YOU Can builds confidence, leadership and resilience in children and young people through Performing Arts and Film-making.
We believe that ALL children and young people should benefit from equal life chances and opportunities in a city like London. To help them achieve this, we:
- Boost confidence, by unlocking their creativity, self-worth and self-belief
- Enhance emotional well-being, by raising self-awareness and motivation
- Improve relationships through a values-based educational framework
- Work with schools to prevent distress and address behavioural issues
- Raise skills and attainment, by supporting the pupils who underachieve
- Tackle inequalities, by increasing leadership and access to arts education
We offer creative and inclusive courses for children and young people in the poorest boroughs to grow up stronger, happier and with hopes for their future. Each course culminates in a live performance or film screening, co-produced and led by the participants. The public events aid community cohesion and empower the young people who come to realise that they too can succeed and be heard, make a positive contribution to their community, and achieve their dreams.
We work with local schools, academies, libraries and cinemas. WATCH the amazing work that we have done in Primary schools.
“Class teachers of the children involved commented on the positive outcomes. The interactive methods employed strongly encouraged the children to participate, thus improving confidence, knowledge of others, social and communication skills.” Vanessa, Teacher, Herbert Morrison Primary School
‘Cause YOU Can is a registered and award-winning charity. We received the London Leaders Award from London Sustainable Development Commission