‘Cause YOU Can works with schools and academies to support attainment. We help you make the most of your Pupil Premium programmes and achieve an “outstanding” OFSTED rating.
- Target SEALs (Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning) to support well-being and prevent the development of emotional or behavioural issues
- Raise attainment of pupils who underachieve, because they lack confidence, are affected by their socio-economic background, have complex needs, problems with home life, are at risk of exclusion
- Assist classroom management by engaging pupils who struggle to adapt to a structured environment
- Support integration of learners with English as a second language
- Promote universal values via a secular framework, suitable to all faiths
- Support the transition from Primary to Secondary, by nurturing leadership
- Increase community cohesion and foster relationships between schools and the wider community, through parents and educators’ involvement with the project
Watch some of the unique work that we do in Primary schools.
Check-out the TESTIMONIALS about the great work that we do.
“We were impressed with the professionalism of ‘Cause YOU Can’s staff. They were friendly and courteous at all times. They built up a good rapport with the children and they managed their behaviour consistently, and well.” Headteacher, St Bernadette Junior School, Clapham South
“We feel that the input has had a long-lasting positive emotional effect on the pupils involved.” Teacher, Granton Primary School, Streatham
Do you know children who would benefit from being involved? Would you like us to deliver a free taster session at your school?
How we work with schools
We ask schools to identify children they think would most benefit (12 per workshop). Any child aged 6 to 11 is eligible if they live in a deprived area or are deemed ‘at risk’. We seek parents’ consent and background information from parents and schools, to ensure that we can respond to the children’s individual needs and monitor progress.
Hosting schools need to provide a room for the workshops and practical support with organising the performances, such as sending invitations to parents and guardians.
We strongly believe that children and young people have the right to stay safe from abuse and neglect. Our Safeguarding policy sets out clear and robust guiding principles and procedures to reflect this commitment. This includes mandatory and up-to-date safeguarding training for all our staff and volunteers. All our facilitators are accordingly trained and hold an enhanced DBS certificate.
Low cost, high value
‘Cause YOU Can builds sustainable partnerships with schools, libraries and cinemas. We do not wish to exclude anyone because of lack of funding. We use match funding, so that partnering schools only have to pay a minimal fee towards the project delivery. We can help you identify sources of funding and/or you can support our fundraising.
If you are hosting the workshops for one term, you will definitely notice some benefits. Additional benefits are gained by children and schools through long-term involvement.